The interDocsBarcelona is a professional meeting to disseminate, create and finance the interactive documentary. Presentations, case studies and a debate on the new narrative forms in documentary arising from new technologies. We will have the presence of national and international experts in this field.
After the success of the first edition of the event interDocsBarcelona (in this link you’ll find a compilation of reviews of the first edition), this year we are going one step further by setting out an even more ambitious proposal including training, creation and financing of interactive projects. The interDocsBarcelona activities are:
1. interDocsBarcelona CONFERENCE, with presentations from national and international experts, case studies and a debate on new documentary narrative forms arising from new technologies.
Date: Friday May 30th
Time: from 9 am to 5pm
2. DocsBarcelona Pitching Forum: the selection of projects to be presented in front of potential financiers and film distributors, for the first time this year it includes two interactive projects and specialized televisions in this format.
Date: Thursday May 29th
Time: from 9 am to 2pm
Venue: CCCB Theatre – C. Montalegre 5
3. Webdocs Popathon: the first intensive workshop to produce prototypes in the field of interactive documentary.
Date: Friday 30th and Saturday May 31st
4. Meet Up: informal meeting and individual meetings to set in contact experts, producers and young creators.
Date: Thursday May 29th
Time: from 6 pm to 9 pm
Venue: Media-TIC building (Open University of Catalonia)
DocsBarcelona 2013 video summary
The second edition of the conference interDocsBarcelona will have renowned national and international speakers in the fields of interactive and transmedia documentary. In the morning the conference will focus on the international sphere, with talks on transmedia creation and storytelling, and significant case studies. In the afternoon a series of Spanish and Latin American projects, experiences, and initiatives will be presented.
interDocsBarcelona Conference 2013 video summary
International guests such as Mandy Rose (i-docs, DCRC – University of the West of England), Mike Robbins (Helios Design Labs), Bruno Felix (Submarine Channel), Mads Damsbo (Copenhaguen Phil), Alvaro Liuzzi (Universidad Nacional de La Plata) and Sebastian Melo (Chaka Studio) will present projects such as Highrise, Offshore interactive, World Online Orquestra, Unspeak, Proyecto Walsh, Malvinas/30 and Proyecto Quipu, amongst others.
National guests such as Ricardo Villa (Medios interactivos RTVE, RTVE Lab), Elisabet Pons (MediaPro exhibitions), Valerie Delpierre (Inicia Films), Maria Ripoll (Cromosoma 5), Andreu Meixide (Docs21), Eva Domínguez, Valentina Moreno (interDOC) and the Master in Creative Documentary (UAB) will present projects, experiences, and initiatives, both completed and in development, in the fields of Latin American and Spanish webdoc and interactive and transmedia documentary.
A few good reasons to attend interDocsBarcelona 2014 conference:
– To listen to national and international first-class speakers
– To network throughout the whole day, specially during the coffee break, the lunch and the closing of the conference.
– To find out about the latest productions, experiences and experiments in the Spanish and Latin American sector.
– To acquire concepts and ideas and apply them as a follow-up at the Popathon, which resumes the conference and continues until Sunday (theory and practice).
General ticket: 24€
Students and those registered for other DocsBarcelona activities: 12€
A picnic lunch is included in the price.
To buy your ticket click here
DocsBarcelona Pitching Forum is a market of financing and promotion for documentary industry, a meeting point for professionals from all over the world. It is the perfect place to promote and finance your project to potential financiers and film distributors. DocsBarcelona Pitching Forum is a profitable investment for producers: 57% of projects submitted to the Pitching Forum are finished and 16% are now in production.
DocsBarcelona Pitching Forum was created in 1996 by EDN, who currently co-organizes the event. Each year DocsBarcelona gathers more than 300 professionals from more than 30 countries and it has become the 3rd financing forum more demanded all over the world.
How it works:
– Fourteen projects previously selected by a professional committee will be presented in front of Financing Pitching Panel, and members of the audience that register as observers.
– In the evening one-to-one meetings of 20 minutes will take place between pitchers and Financing Pitching Panel to negotiate.
– As training for the Pitching Forum, the Pitching Workshop will take place two days before the Pitching Forum. During these days, the pitchers will work intensively on improving their project presentation with the aid of the international tutors, who have an extensive industry experience. See our FAQs section for more information.
On Friday 30th May the first intensive workshop to produce interactive documentary prototypes will kick off; it’s the interDocsBarcelona Popathon. Organized jointly by interDocsBarcelona and the Popathon platform, the activity revolves around interdisciplinary groups lead by a mentor (storyteller) and a programmer (coder).
An effective mix between storytellers and programmers makes it possible in the space of 24 to 48 intensive hours to produce, depending on the participants, various prototypes for webdoc projects.
Added values to participating:
1) A prize will be awarded to the best prototype, consisting of:- A Klynt Pro license (multimedia editor) for a full year to produce either the prototype or other projects (valued at 500 euros, 1 license for each member of the winning team).- Free entrance to the conference and the Meet Up of interDocsBarcelona 2015.- The prototype will be presented at the next academic conference, the third edition of interDocsBarcelona (2015).
2) We will have two internationally renowned experts that will help in the creative process: Simon Duflo (storyteller) + Mike Robbins (creative technologist).
3) Catering is included all Saturday as well as dinner on Friday evening with the attending mentors, coders and participants.
– Friday 30th May 18-21h: Start of the session and first group brainstorming. The aim is to close this introduction session with one idea per group, which will be executed on Saturday. Simon Duflo (France) has extensive experience in new narratives (Honkytonk Films, France) and Mike Robbins (Web Helios Design Labs, Canada) is to blame for putting projects such asHighrise, Offshore interactive, 17 Thousand Islands and WOO out there with their unique design and interaction.
– Saturday 31st May – 10-20h: the prototypes are developed from the previous day’s ideas. Morning: Hacking #1 and mentoringAfternoon: Hacking #2Saturday 30th May – 20-21h: Presentation of the prototypes. Open to the general public. The best prototype will be selected.
– Sunday 1st June – 10-17h: optional time for those groups that want to refine their prototype.
– Sunday 1st June – 19-21h: Award presentation within the festival’s closing ceremony.
On Thursday 29th of May the first Meet Up event on transmedia documentary will take place. It will be a casual gathering made up of two different parts and it will lead up to theinterDocsBarcelona conference the day after.
The first part will be a round table with key players on transmedia documentary, both national and international. Amongst the confirmed guests we have Mandy Rose (i-docs, DCRC – University of the West of England), Ricardo Villa (RTVE), Alex Badia (Barret Films) and Serrana Torres (intropiaMedia).
The round table will wrap up with a quick round of presentations by the attending production companies. Afterwards a selection of projects produced by students from various universities in the fields of interactive and transmedia non-fiction will be presented. interDocsBarcelona not only aims to give visibility to professional projects and initiatives but also to a new group of young creators and narrators of interactive experiences who are hooked to reality.
interDocsBarcelona Exhibition 2013 video summary
There’s no excuse: the explosion of the form has arrived definetely to Spain, so let’s taste it deserves this succulent May through 3 specific events: DocumentaMadrid’14 festival (8-9 May), Docs.21 Documentary Digital Narrative Festival (20-30 May) and interDocsBarcelona (28 May – 1 June)
Researcher and producer