Docs Barcelona is coming (May 25 to 31) and with it new possibilities for financing projects. This year the event promotes 3 mechanisms to finance audiovisual and interactive documentaries: the speed meetings, the latin and the interactive pitch. The interactive pitch will be part of interDocsBarcelona, the interactive and transmedia section of the festival (Conference + Workshops + Popathon + Pitch + Online Screenings).
Speed Meetings are Docs Barcelona 2015 main industry activity, a market for documentary industry and a meeting point for professionals all over the world.It is the perfect place to promote and finance projects to potential financiers and film distributors. The 40 selected projects for Speed Meetings will have one to one meetings of 15 minutes with financers. The Meetings will be arranged previously depending on financers and projects preferences.
In addition, DocsBarcelona wants to be a financing and promotion platform for Latin American documentary projects, for that reason in this edition we present the Latin Pitch. The Latin Pitch will consist in the presentation of 4 projects from Latin America in front a selection of financers, especially interested in projects from these countries, and DocsBarcelona accredited professionals.
Besides these two activities –the Speed meetings and latin pitch–, there’s another mechanism focused on the production of interactive and transmedia documentaries: the Interactive Pitch, an activity which will consist on a presentation of 4 interactive projects in front a selection of financers, especially interested in this kind of projects, and DocsBarcelona accredited professionals. Here some useful information:
a) DEADLINE TO SUBMIT PROJECTS: Wednesday 11th of March, 2015 1.00 p.m.
b) HOW TO SUBMIT A PROJECT
The submission fee is 10€ VAT included per project. The payment can be done with credit card.
To apply participants will need the following materials to fill the submission form:
1. Written document: The project, maximum 2 pages long, (in one document), in English, and in PDF needs to contain the following information:
a. Page 1: Synopsi and treatment (images can be included)
b. Page 2: Production company CV, Producer and Director CV, budget and financing plan (it is not necessary for submitted projects to have financing in place)
WARNING! Projects longer than 2 pages will not be accepted. The name of the document must be the title of the project in English.
WARNING! If it is an interactive or a transmedia project, you have to include the interactive treatment and all the different platforms that the project may have.
2. Clip/Video: In order to enter into the selection process it is mandatory to provide an online screener of the teaser. Warning: The length of the clip must be maximum 3 minutes. If the original language is not English it has to have English subtitles. If it is a private video, you will be able to introduce the password and user in the submission form.
– The projects have to be submitted on the 11th of March at 1 p.m. the latest. Projects received after this date and hour will not be accepted.
– The selected projects will be published in our website on April 2nd and the projects selected will be able to make the payment until April 15th
– Speed Meetings will take place in 28th and 29th of May at CCCB
– Interactive Pitch will take place in 28th of May at CCCB
– Latin Pitch will take place in 29th of May at CCCB
FEES 2015 INDUSTRY
|Description of the activity||FEE 21% VAT excluded||FEE (21% VAT**)|
|Interactive Pitch||240 €||290,40€|
|Latin Pitch||240 €||290,40€|
*The fee is for project, the maximum number of people allowed for project is 2.
** Non Spanish European companies or professionals with an intra-community VAT number registered at VIES (Vat Information Exchange System) are not subject to pay 21% VAT.
These fees include:
– Participation in the activity of the selected project.
– Access as a viewer at the Interactive Pitch and the Latin Pitch
– Access to Opening and Closing ceremonies (RSVP needed)
– Access to the Festival screenings
– Access to Master Classes and industry conferences
– Discount for InterDocsBarcelona
* They don’t include the Speed Meetings Workshop