i-Docs – the three day event dedicated to the expanding and evolving field of interactive documentary – is back for its 5th iteration in 2018, and we’re thrilled to announce the first round of speakers at the event! Get your tickets now to see talks by:
- Alexandre Brachet, Upian
- Liz Miller, Concordia University
- Sharon Daniel, UC Santa Cruz
- Mike Robbins & Harmke Heezen, Helios Labs
- & more speakers to come!
Convened by Judith Aston, Sandra Gaudenzi and Mandy Rose, and hosted by the UWE Bristol’s Digital Cultures Research Centre, the symposium will be held at the Watershed in Bristol’s Harbourside on Wednesday to Friday 21st – 23rd March 2018.
At a global moment of deep precariousness, i-Docs 2018 aims to encourage critical thinking and making within the field, and to create a space for dialogue, creativity and resistance. Project presentations, papers, panels and workshops will sit alongside a showcase of innovative and immersive works.
This year, we’re riffing on the “i” in i-docs – we might be talking about interaction, but we’re also musing on information, intention, iteration, inclusion…
Our themes for the symposium continue this exploration:
- Environmental catastrophe looms, yet we retreat into filter bubbles and spread fake news. How might i-docs inclusively navigate this terrain, and envision a hopeful future?
- As we surround ourselves with stories, we’re also venturing beyond the screen – mixing modes, enhancing and augmenting, and playing with and in the border zones.
- As audiences shift, so too do our ways of identifying and measuring them, and indeed connecting with them. Personalisation, manipulation, and the underlying oceans of data raise complex avenues of enquiry.
- An exploration of sensory storytelling, artificial intelligence, micro-stories and other adventures with form; all while keeping one eye firmly on evolving traditions of practice.
Early bird tickets are now available for purchase, so get in quick to receive a substantial discount. Ticket prices are as follows:
Early bird: £175
Standard registration: £250
Visit the registration page for more information and to purchase tickets.
Know someone who might be interested in attending i-Docs 2018? Please spread the word!