i-Docs 2020 postponement

We are heart-broken to announce that we have come to the conclusion in the last 24 hours that we need to postpone i-Docs 2020. We have been increasingly concerned over recent days about going ahead with the Symposium in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, and feel we can no longer justify encouraging delegates to travel and gather in this context.

We were initially hoping to hold a pared-back conference and expand our remote offering, however this would still be predicated on some level of gathering in Bristol, which we no longer feel is appropriate.

Additional information will be forthcoming on a possible future date; but for now we wanted to inform people as quickly as possible. We will of course offer refunds to any delegates who have already purchased i-Docs tickets, information will be available soon on how to do this.

We are very disappointed to have to make this decision – we were excited about the programme we developed based on all your contributions, and do hope to reflect much of that schedule at a later date this autumn if possible, including the partnership with Montreal. We understand that it will also be disappointing for many of you, but our primary concern must be the health and safety of everyone involved (and the broader community).

We will provide further updates via email, Twitter and our website. Do please get in touch if you have any specific concerns.

Warmest regards,

Mandy Rose, Julia Scott-Stevenson, Judith Aston, Sandra Gaudenzi and the i-Docs team.