This is the first webinar in our series i-Docs Community Conversations.
Co-creating in times of corona pandemic was held online on Thursday 2 July, 2020. Speakers include Sandra Gaudenzi (i-Docs) and Sandra Tabares Duque (audiovisual producer) discussing their project Corona Haikus, and Francesca Panetta (MIT Center for Advanced Virtuality) and Halsey Burgund (sound artist) discussing their project Corona Diaries. Also joining the discussion are two active participants of the Corona Haikus project: Edith Sierra Montaño (director and new media consultant) and Valentine Goddard (AI ethics expert).
Following are some co-creation resources and other links that were discussed during the webinar:
- A dream on a borrowed bed by Alexandra Tzavella (YouTube video responding to Corona Haikus)
- Corona blessings by Sandra Gaudenzi (YouTube video reflecting on Corona Haikus)
- i-Docs published a book in 2017: i-docs: The Evolving Practices of Interactive Documentary, containing a section on co-creation. Edited by Judith Aston, Sandra Gaudenzi, and Mandy Rose
- MIT’s Co-creation Studio published COLLECTIVE WISDOM: Co-Creating Media within Communities, across Disciplines and with Algorithms
- A special issue of Alpahaville on I-Docs as Intervention: The Poetics and Politics of Polyphony, edited by Judith Aston and Stefano Odorico
- A working group made up of Patricia Zimmermann, Reece Auguiste, Helen De Michiel, Dorit Naaman and Brenda Longfellow recently published a dossier on Cocreation in Documentary in AFTERIMAGE with essays and speculations; free and open access until the end of the year.
- Patricia Zimmerman and Helen De Michiel’s book Open Space New Media Documentary: A Toolkit for Theory and Practice
- Three media playlists at St Andrews from Dale Hudson and Patricia Zimmerman on Covid 19 First Wave
- Mandy Rose’s MIT Docubase co-creation playlist